Even after passing your driving test there are still a number of essential road skills which are very helpful to learn to help you become a more complete driver and through the premier standard of Pass Plus Surrey has to offer, we can help you become a more accomplished driver.
Should I do the Pass Plus Course Straight Away?
We firmly believe that it is always best to strike whilst the iron is hot! The sooner you undertake the Pass Plus Course, the less likely you will be to develop any bad habits! Therefore because the course designed to teach additional skills which are not covered during standard driving tuition, we strongly recommend starting this course as soon as feasibly possible after you have passed your test.
There are a number of key elements to the Pass Plus Course, all of which have been added to the course to fill in some of the blanks from standard tuition.
These key elements include:
- Town driving: This will teach the skills needed to cope with more complicated road layouts and rush hour traffic
- All-weather driving: This will teach teach the skills needed to drive safely in adverse road conditions (i.e. rain, snow or fog)
- Night time driving: This will teach how to judge speed and distance when driving in the dark
- Out of town driving: Whilst there may be less traffic on countryside roads, they present their own challenges due to roads being potentially narrower and bumpier, along with additional challenges such as bends less well marked and there may be vehicles, pedestrians and even horses in the middle of the road
- Motorway and dual-carriageway driving: This will teach how to allow more space between vehicles, the correct use of different lanes and how to join and leave multi-lane roads safely.
To successfully complete the course, you will need to complete all elements of the Pass Plus course to your instructor’s satisfaction. The course will take a minimum of six hours to complete, although it is possible that you may need further lessons to reach the required standard in one or more elements of the course if necessary.
There’s no test at the end of the Pass Plus course (much to the relief of everyone who has just sat their driving test!!), just continual assessment of your improving driving skills from your driving instructor, and we strongly recommend the benefits of using the same instructor that provided your lessons as they already have a valuable insight into your main driving strengths and weaknesses. This can help to reduce the need of lessons needed as they are able to concentrate on the areas that they think need the most attention.
Are there any other Benefits?
As well as the increased levels of driving skills and confidence gained through the completion of the Pass Plus course, there is also a positive financial aspect of the course due to the fact that many insurance companies offer significantly reduced premiums for drivers with the Pass Plus qualification.